Re: GTK+ 2.18.0 released

Am Wed, 23 Sep 2009 12:32:34 +0200
schrieb Sebastian Rittau <srittau jroger in-berlin de>:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 01:17:07AM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
> > Changes in the file chooser
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >  - File sizes are shown by default
>
> Could you point me to the rationale for this change?
>
> Thanks,
>
>  - Sebastian

Hey Sebastian,

if I remember correctly, the reasoning was that switching the option is
fairly hard to discover and the dialogue is usually more than wide
enough to hold the column while still showing the file names.

I do unfortunately not recall the bug ID, but you should be able to
find it in bugzilla.

ciao,
    Christian