Re: GtkNotebook cleanup

Am Thu, 8 Apr 2010 22:23:03 +0930
schrieb James Moschou <james moschou gmail com>:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying my hand at the GtkNotebook cleanup bug (96834) and had a
> few questions.
>
> The old code had a lot of
>
> if (!notebook->focus_tab)
>
> stuff going on and I thought that since focus_tab is now synced to the
> current page that I could just do
>
> if (!notebook->cur_page)
>
> to achieve the same thing. But I was wondering if there were any cases
> where focus_tab may have been null, and cur_page not?
>

> Also I'm finding it hard to simplify the code without regressing some
> functionality. For instance there's a thing where middle clicking the
> arrow button while a tab label is focused causes the focus to move to
> the child widget of the page... or something. I'm finding it easier to
> just get rid of all this stuff than to try and rework it into this new
> paradigm. Is this OK?

Hey James,

I suggest you do this in separate patches because some
applications do rely on inconsistent behaviour, short of an alternative.
And if something changes behaviour, it would be better to consider that
for the 2.90 branch where we could draw a clean line and say "now"
GtkNotebook behaves differently in the following aspects. Apps need to
be tested for the coming major release anyway.

ciao,
    Christian