Re: Extended Layout incubator branch.

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 4:04 AM, Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org> wrote

>  I've managed to get the base feature set of the native-layout
> branch working and in a usable state.

Tristan, thanks so much for getting this this far.

So far, I have found two things that don't seem to work quite right:

1) In testellipsize, when rotating without any ellipsization, the text
just 'rotates out' of the allocation, whereas in ellipsized modes, the
allocation is grown to accomodate the rotated label, as far as
possible.

2) The 'flipping' example in testgtk shows trouble with RTL labels.
The are drawn outside of the button thats supposed to contain them.

As for the code itself,  the one observation I have so far is that
most implementations of get_desired_width/height seem to be in terms
of a get_desired_width function taking an extra orientation parameter.

And I wonder if you have any example involving a combination of
horizontal and vertical size groups. It seems to me that a wfh widget
should have the potential to link those together and cause interesting
cycles.

What's up with  #if __I_HAD_A_MILLION_DOLLARS__ ? You seem to be
treating h and v boxes differently there.

I'll also point out that docs/reference/gtk/tmpl/gtkcontainer.sgml has
a section explaining 2-pass size allocation. That should probably be
updated to reflect the new way of doing things.

Matthias