Re: GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS not working under Windows

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
>> > ... specifically: no, it's not possible in Window.
>>
>> Are you sure about that?
>> Quick trials with PyQt4 under Windows show no problem in
>> having regular widgets on top of the OpenGL widget.
>
> this is not a Qt development list, though; so, as hint for the future
> don't try to compare functionality. :-)

I was just commenting your statement that it's not possible
under Windows. What I'm trying to achieve *is* possible, because
Qt can do it. I'm trying to figure out a way to achieve it with
GTK+-2.16 (it seems I'm stuck at that version for OpenGL
support under Windows).

> I think GtkGLExt allows placing gtk+ widgets on top of the GL drawing
> surface; at least, I'm pretty sure I've seen that happen.

I'll give it another try. I'd just love to see a working example :-)

Michael;