Re: Website proposal for usability

Vinicius and myself have been working on a design for the website for
the Gtk+ 3.0 release.
I don't have his stuff around unfortunately (it's on the dropbox
folder from the design team).

That beign said, I don't want to stop any improvements, however, I
have a few things to note about this design:

The chosen font, Charcoal, comes from apple and as far as I know it
does not come with any Linux distro that I'm aware of. An open font
would be better. We tend to use Bitstream Vera Sans within the GNOME
brand.

Replacing the + sign with the Gtk+ logo is cute but not a very good
idea IMHO, the logo loses it's relevance compared to gtk.org as it is
now, and the name of the toolkit becomes not obvious.

I don't like the fact that the news are more relevant than the
explanation of what Gtk+ is, and the fact that ther
e are no screenshots or anything to get an idea really quickly of what
Gtk+ is all about _and_ how to use it.

Vinicius, can you post somewhere the template you've been work at so
that we can coordinate our efforts with the awesome work Devin has
been doing?