Re: gtk_widget_draw()

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Havoc Pennington <hp pobox com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Federico Mena Quintero
>> <federico ximian com> wrote:
>>
>>  [ ... ]
>>
>> its quite amusing to me how what is being described is slowly
>> converging on something extremely close to a canvas model in many of
>> its most fundamental aspects. am i the only one seeing this? does it
>> matter?
>
> See http://log.ometer.com/2008-03.html#7 perhaps.

Yes, absolutely. I've seen this before and I think it probably helped
get me thinking along these lines. I think it doesn't quite go far
enough, but something that combines these ideas with what has already
happened regarding CSW and drawing methods moves things a good bit of
the way. I also find it interesting that in some sense, Wayland is
just another scene graph, but at a different level (able to eat X
Window in a single bite-kind-of-level).