Re: [Gobject Introspection] GIRepository.gir seems incorrect

On 08/18/2010 07:32 PM, Mildred Ki'Lya wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to use the GIRepository library in order to access GI
information and create a compile time binding for the Lisaac language.

I don't like C very much, and I'm going to use Vala. But the vala
compiler complains that it can't find the type "filename".

GObject introspection use a "filename" string type to mark strings that represent file names, because those are not utf8 strings, rather bytestrings with exceptions.