Re: Gtk-OSX (was: Website proposal for usability)

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Allin Cottrell <cottrell wfu edu> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2010, Kristian Rietveld wrote:
>
>> For a GTK+ runtime package ("GTK+ Framework"), I think you should
>> check out what has been done in the past.  It is by no means an easy
>> task.  The latest code and instructions for this are at the GTK-OSX
>> website if I am not mistaken.
>
> I'm aware it's not an easy task. That's why I'm requesting that
> such a runtime package be made available as a download via gtk.org
> (and offering to help in building one to the extent I'm able).

its been explained quite a few times before that applications that use
GTK and ship a bundle for OS X will almost certainly include GTK
*inside* the bundle. providing standalone GTK frameworks is almost
useless for users.

> GTK-OSX is focused on a native Quartz build but I'm talking about
> an X11 build (taking at face value the statement on GTK-OSX that
> the Quartz port is still immature).

the extent to which is it immature has been overstated in this thread.