Re: padding cleanup

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 7:02 PM, Havoc Pennington <hp pobox com> wrote:
> 2. supporting superclasses deriving from GtkWidget that want to add
> more "padding area" stuff to their subclasses on top of what GtkWidget
> already does. GtkMisc would be an example - maybe the only example?

I forgot about Container::border-width which is another example of
this. It might have the same two possible solutions: virtualize
"add/remove padding" (cleaning up subclasses in the process) and make
border-width additive with Widget padding, or just make border-width
set the new widget padding props. In either case when porting
Container subclasses, all border-width knowledge could be deleted from
the subclass.

border-width of course is yet another redundant padding API that could
be deprecated.

Havoc