Re: Some comments on the StyleContext stuff

On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 12:52 +0100, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> - If all style properties are rgba, everything that uses GdkColor is
> fail. Widgets using GtkStyle will suddenly look wrong when we use
> translucency for background colors. Can we just remove GtkStyle,
> please? And deal with the fallout? It's not like people don't have to
> rewrite their draw functions anyway for GTK2 => GTK3 ...

This probably makes sense, but to point out the obvious, if this is
done, patches for every core GNOME module have to be landing within
minutes after the GtkStyle removal.

I'm going back to harping on this because 48 hours after the
deprecation of GtkStyle, there are still modules in core GNOME that
are failing to build - e.g. gnome-power-manager, because they have
the combination of GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED and -Werror
and other modules that are building but likely miscompiling -
e.g. gnome-control-center- because they have GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
without -Werror.

- Owen