Re: gtk-style-context has landed

On Sat, 2010-12-04 at 15:42 +0100, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> Hey :),
>
> I have just merged the gtk-style-context branch in master, here's the
> status of things:
>
>       * The new API is fully functional, well documented, and used
>         underneath GtkStyle, a few widgets are using it directly
>         already.
>       * GtkStyle and GtkRcStyle are deprecated, but more code can be
>         surely removed, the most tricky bit might be
>         GtkRcPropertyParser, which is used in GtkSettings, although we
>         can likely just typedef it to GtkSettingsParser.
>       * Widgets in gtk/ need to use GtkStyleContext directly shortly,
>         during the transition there might be visual glitches as widgets
>         expose further information themeable through CSS, the builtin
>         one will be kept as sane as possible though.

I'm wondering how code such as this should be ported (I'm porting a
similar gtkmm example):
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/gtk/gtkcellrenderertoggle.c#n325

The old gtk_paint_*(GtkStyle*,) functions took a GtkStateType parameter,
which is presumably deprecated in favour of GtkStateFlags, though that's
not documented.

But the new gtk_render_*(GtkStyleContext*, ) functions don't have a
state parameter, because GtkStyleContext has a state instead. But then
what happens to the state logic in that code?

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com