Re: Building multiple backends on on same system

What I'd do is put all the headers in the same directory, but add a
#ifdef GDK_WINDOWING_X11 to the header and then put
-DGDK_WINDOWING_X11 into gtk+-3.0-x11.pc That way we avoid lots of
different include directories and IMO makes it easier to look for
header files in one's installation.
There's also the question of what we should do when someone includes
gdkx.h without having GDK_WINDOWING_X11 defined. Do nothing or #error
"You must add gtk+-3.0-x11 to your pkgconfig flags." The first one has
the benefit of not requiring lots of ifdefs for the include files, the
second makes the error output way better (because you don't have
missing function definition complaints from gcc, but useful output). I
vote or the second btw.

Benjamin