Re: Valgrind and GTK

2010/1/2  <jcupitt gmail com>:
> Sorry, I posted hastily, I do get an annoying number of leaks if I let
> it run a little longer, I see what you mean. I'm sure it wasn't as bad
> back in 9.04.
>
> I'll try to make a better suppression file tomorrow.

Here's another suppression file:

http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/development/nip2.supp

With this, I now get no reported leaks or errors with a short run of
my huge gtk program:

==3148== LEAK SUMMARY:
==3148==    definitely lost: 120 bytes in 1 blocks
==3148==    indirectly lost: 1,675 bytes in 46 blocks
==3148==      possibly lost: 0 bytes in 0 blocks
==3148==    still reachable: 893,032 bytes in 10,617 blocks
==3148==         suppressed: 1,333,240 bytes in 21,362 blocks

The 120 bytes is due to my XML pretty-printer and is deliberate.

I get three reported possible leaks with the gtk "hello world"
program, but I think they are due to the way the hello world program
has been written: it quits in a button click callback, so there are
various things left unfreed related to the button-up handling.

No doubt I've made various errors, but maybe this will help someone.

John