Re: Less GdkWindows in the API

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 11:52 PM, Andrew Cowie
<andrew operationaldynamics com> wrote:
> The number of times I have seen people on gtk-list or in #gtk+ be told
> to go read the Xlib programming manual to understand what GdkEvents are
> is frustrating. I originally had the idea that using GTK would mean I
> didn't have to know much about X ir Xlib. I may have been wrong about
> that, but that's the impression I had.

i think this is just a documentation problem. GTK has the same
semantics in almost every area as X; X has good docs describing them.
Its not really that GTK "is" X or that you need to understand X to get
GTK - its just that they use the same ideas and those are explained
clearly and well in X docs.

--p