Re: cross compiling GTK+ on Linux for Windows

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Kalev Lember <kalev smartlink ee> wrote:
> Andrew Ziem <ahz001 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> I am trying to cross compile GTK+ 2.16.6 as found here[1] on Fedora 13
>> for Windows.
>
> Fedora has a mingw cross-compiler toolchain with lots of prebuilt libraries.
> Including GTK+. Installing cross-compiled GTK+ should be as easy as running
> "yum install mingw32-gtk2".
>
> See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW for more information.

Good tip.  I had the toolchain, and after your post I was pleasantly
surprised to discover installing the mingw32-zlib-1.2.3-19 package
"just worked" and satisfied jhbuild.  Now I just hope the build
finishes. :)

The reason I am building GTK+ I am trying to shrink it[1].  I'm
starting with the GTK+ dll because it's largest, and I may work
backwards to its dependencies: cairo, etc.

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2010-June/msg00092.html

Andrew