g-i-0.6 branch created, API/ABI breaks on git master

Hi,

I've created a g-i-0.6 branch, and we will be committing API/ABI
breaking changes on git master.  The first round of things will be
changes in the GIR and typelib data layout (so only a recompile will
be needed).  After that it's likely we'll commit scanner changes which
will result in changes to the exported API (namely, that interfaces
will gain static methods).   It's possible we might make changes to
the girepository shared library API (which in turn would require
bindings to adjust), but none are concretely planned yet.