Re: XCB + deprecating gtkx.h ?

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Stuart Axon <stuaxo2 yahoo com> wrote:
>  I was reading about XCB and trawled through the gtk list archives noticed
> there was some discussion, but that deprecating gtkx.h seemed to stall things.
> Maybe now that gtk3 is coming up it would be the time to consider deprecating
> this, so that in future it could move to XCB?

You can't really just deprecate it without a replacement, since there
are plenty of legitimate reasons to get at the underlying X stuff.

I guess maybe gdkx.h could avoid including the actual xlib or xcb
headers, and instead use its own XID typedefs, and have some kind of
API to abstract Display* vs. xcb_connection_t* etc. But that's the
real hard part I would think.

Havoc