Re: Why is GCompletion deprecated

Le 28/06/10 15:48, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 15:26 +0200, Xavier Claessens wrote:

2) If all unmaintained code should be deprecated with no replacement,
what do we have left in glib/gtk? Probably not that much...

That sort of comments has no place here, and hardly helps people feel
any sympathy for your current conundrum.

Sorry if you feel offended. What I mean is that gtk/glib has plenty of code that never get modified. That doesn't mean it's bad, just that code works and doesn't need to be actively maintained.

For GCompletion and any other code in glib/gtk, surely if someone has an issue and propose a patch, maintainers will merge it. So my point is why is GCompletion less maintained that anything else in glib/gtk?

Maybe unmaintained means it just work and everyone is happy with it... Unless we have real issue and nobody cared to fix them, which was my next point, and in that case I wanted to know more about the issues maintainers have with GCompletion.

Regards,
Xavier Claessens.