Re: glib-2.22.5, gtk-2.18.8 and firefox 3.6

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010, Allin Cottrell wrote:

> I just built and installed the newly-announced glib-2.22.5 and
> gtk-2.18.8, and restarted X.  After doing so, firefox 3.6 will
> not run; it reliably segfaults on startup.  I then rebuilt
> and reinstalled glib-2.22.4 and gtk-2.18.7 and firefox runs
> OK again...

Two additional points: (1) This was the stock firefox binary 3.6
release for Linux, not a custom build; (2) I haven't filed on
bugzilla because I have no evidence that there's a GLib/GTK bug
(maybe it's a Mozilla bug, or maybe it's a quirk of my system,
though I'm not sure how that could be). But I do know that I need
firefox, and so cannot use the latest GLib/GTK releases at
present, which is a situation I have never encountered before.

Allin Cottrell