Re: Unix signals in GLib

On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 10:51 -0500, Stef Walter wrote:

> This is partly due to the fact that signals will be delivered on random
> threads in a multi-threaded app. But there's another reason I don't

This is not completely true. It depends on the type of signal:
synchronous signals (say, SIGSEGV or SIGFPE) are delivered to the
specific thread which generated the corresponding event while
asynchronous signals (say SIGTERM or SIGINT) are delivered to the
process which usually means the first non-blocking (or sigwait-blocking)
thread in the process whose signal mask does not block this signal from
being delivered.

Mathieu
--
Mathieu Lacage <mathieu lacage sophia inria fr>
Tel: +33 4 9238 5056