Re: Deprecations for 3.x

On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 09:29 +0200, Cody Russell wrote:

> 2/ Corner resize grips.  I want to add support for this directly to
> GtkWindow anyway.

Is anybody actively working on this? Are there ways of doing this that
don't a) require vertical padding a'la GtkStatusBar, or b) unilaterally
cover up whatever is in the bottom right corner?

A lot of document-viewing applications have a GtkScrolledWindow that
hit the bottom right. If both the vertical and horizontal scrollbars
are visible, there's some really nice dead space there. But if only
the vertical is visible (very common), you certainly don't want to
cover up the scroll-down button. Could GtkScrolledWindow know that
there's a resize grip there and do something like this:

+----------------------+
|                    ^ |
|                    | |

I suppose we could add API like always_show_blank_corner, but it
would be really nice if it were automatic.

--
Shaun