Re: GtkTreeView Refactoring Considerations [was Re: Private types inside GTK+]

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 4:37 AM, Tristan Van Berkom
<tristanvb openismus com> wrote:

>> One would want to paint focus around the toggle renderer
>> and the static text beside it, even it there are other
>> focusable cells in the same GtkCellArea... this could
>> be achieved easily enough by adding some semantics
>> to set some "focus siblings" (I.e. above "static text"
>> becomes a "focus sibling" of "Toggle").

having had to solve this at the application level recently (which was
a very distinct kind of pain), i'd suggest that the treeview needs a
2d focus map, very analogous to the 1d focus chain that exists at the
widget level. i'd actually go one step further, and say that the
widget level probably needs a 2d focus map as well.

if you don't use an actual data structure (which could be nasty
because you're effectively caching the structure of the model), then
you need to expose the concept of such a thing.