Re: microseconds ought to be enough for anybody

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 1:06 PM, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:
> I don't see any reason to have a replacement for GDate.

fwiw, the original (and possibly only) use of GDate was for security
price data (Open/High/Low/Close), which has only a day, not a time or
timezone. This is also why GDate is not opaque, because it was
important to be able to allocate a huge array of GDate quickly.

Not that this makes GDate something that should be in a
general-purpose lib like GLib, but it is a use-case that I'm not sure
GDateTime would cover.

Havoc