Re: Add GtkRadioGroup?

hi Alex,

On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 13:42 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> I'm not sure forcing every radio item to have a name is a good idea.

Maybe true....

> Also, I don't think exposing raw widgets as exported actions is a good
> idea. Its probably better to have more highlevel actions, or at least
> some separation between action specification and implementation.

I think that, at a minimum, anything that appears on a menu should be on
the bus.  There are a number of reasons for this -- ability to support a
global menu, a reasonable level of baseline scriptability, etc.

The case where the radios are directly inside of some API doesn't
necessarily mean that they should not be scriptable, but we could allow
for that.

I don't see naming of radios in a radiogroup as too much different than
naming of radioactions...  Maybe it's actually radioactions that I see
as being in the group... Sort of makes sense if you're viewing buttons
as the view component and actions/groups as the underlying model.

Cheers