How can i learn the design architecture of the gtk+ multiline text edit?

Hi,

First, i am sorry, my english is very poor.

I am a new newbie in linux and gtk. In fact, i am a windows programmer before. I will develop a rich text edit because of work, and want to learn the gtk+'s implemention. But I find there is few document about that.

I have read the documents below:
Multiline Text Editor
Multiline Text Editing Widget

But these document only about how to use the Multiline Text Editor. What i want to know is how to design and implement a rich text editor. For example, how to manage the text buffer, how the text style is stored, and etc.

I know that all these answer can be find in the source code of gtk. I am learning the gtk source code now. But the huge code is too difficult for me. If there are some documents of the Mutiline Text Editor design architecture, that will be a good and big help for me.

Thanks in advance.

Forrest
--
if you've come this far,maybe you'd come a bit further!