Re: Incorporating changes from bindings [was: Add GtkRadioGroup?]

On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 17:16 +0100, Philip Chimento wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 11:28, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:
> > By the way, are there any other places where the java or C++ bindings do
> > "cleanup" changes like this? Some may be interesting to push into the
> > core now that we have the chance.
>
> I'd propose adding gtk_builder_get_widget_derived(), based on a method
> in gtkmm [1]. This would make it much easier to use Glade when
> subclassing widgets.
>
> [1] http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtkmm-tutorial/unstable/sec-builder-using-derived-widgets.html.en

I've been cooking up something that might be close to what that API
describes (for some months actually a while back, I just need to dust
off the code and possibly automate the creation of properties which
refer to child widgets etc)

The general idea is that GtkContainerClass itself allows one to define
content using an assigned GtkBuilder xml at the class level,
implementing classes are composite widgets and a project can be
comprised of several or many composite widgets all defined by
GtkBuilder xml, reusable, practical etc (i.e. the way IMO
GtkBuilder should really be used ideally).

I brought it up most recently here:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2010-October/msg00054.html

And I would really like to land this stuff before 3.0 as well.

Does that just about cover the use case ? or have I missed the point
somehow ?

Cheers,
        -Tristan