Re: High-resolution scroll events

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 7:29 AM, Max Schwarz <Max x-quadraht de> wrote:

> Do you have an idea on how to implement this? I think Qt's model is quite
> nice, they have a 'delta' field in their event [3] which gives more precise
> information. Of course, If you want to retain API compability (which I think
> you do) a new event would have to be introduced that is emitted in parallel.

just as a "confirmation", OS X does the same thing with scroll events
there. its quite irritating to have to convert a single scroll event
in quartz into N different GDK scroll events in order to maintain the
effect of a large delta value. i would be very happy to see GDK gain a
delta field for scroll events.

--p