Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2010-10-12

On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 23:04 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:

> • GtkComboBoxText subclass to supersede "text" convenience API (bug: 612396)
>   ‣ GtkComboBoxEntryText needed?
> - gtk_combo_box_text_* API is already a "sub-class" in disguise
>   ‣ mutually exclusive

We did that a few years back in java-gnome. The mutually exclusive part
was really messing us up when we were trying to explain the ComboBox
class to people, so we split the class to make it a bit easier to use.
Subclassing ComboBox, we have:
http://java-gnome.sourceforge.net/4.0/doc/api/org/gnome/gtk/TextComboBox.html

We also did one for ComboBoxEntry:
http://java-gnome.sourceforge.net/4.0/doc/api/org/gnome/gtk/TextComboBoxEntry.html

AfC
Barcelona

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie

Operational Dynamics is an operations and engineering consultancy
focusing on IT strategy, organizational architecture, systems
review, and effective procedures for change management: enabling
successful deployment of mission critical information technology in
enterprises, worldwide.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London