generic multidimensional GArray

Dear list,
I would like to know if there is any generic multidimensional array implementation of GArray.
GArray should be able to manage large quanity of data using g_slice allocator but how should I handle automatic growing when multiple dimensions are indexed?

Is there some way to know GTypeInfo values from a GType variable? for instance I would like to pass GType to generic array to have element_size information and others...

Many thanks in advance,

Andrea