Re: Add GtkRadioGroup?

On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 22:38 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> One thing I remember being really confused about when learning gtk+ is
> the GSList * usage for the group in GtkRadioButton. We have added some
> scaffolding now that makes this somewhat better, but whats the chance of
> actually fixing this by adding a real GtkRadioGroup class

We came up with that solution for the Java bindings (because GSList, as
such, wasn't something we exposed, and we go for strongly  typed 'n all
that) and meanwhile Vreixo found that the Radio* API was very tricky to
explain to people
http://java-gnome.sourceforge.net/4.0/doc/api/org/gnome/gtk/RadioGroup.html

so for example,

        group = new RadioGroup();

        opt1 = new RadioButton(group, "Kermit");
        opt2 = new RadioButton(group, "Animal");
        opt3 = new RadioButton(group, "Gonzo");
        opt4 = new RadioButton(group, "Fozzie");

is the sort of thing we've got going on as seen at:
http://java-gnome.sourceforge.net/4.0/doc/api/org/gnome/gtk/RadioButton.html

AfC
Granada

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie

Operational Dynamics is an operations and engineering consultancy
focusing on IT strategy, organizational architecture, systems
review, and effective procedures for change management: enabling
successful deployment of mission critical information technology in
enterprises, worldwide.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London