Re: Gtk-OSX

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 09:56:12AM -0700, John Ralls wrote:
> It's now on Sourceforge because when Richard decided with his partner
> wind up Imendio and to withdraw from Gtk+, he asked on his forum for
> someone to take over maintaining the build system. I bit, and after
> some probing discovered that he'd not been successful in getting
> anyone to take over *any* of the components; he had some hope that one
> or more of his former Imendio employees who were still involved with
> Gtk+ would take over maintaining the Gtk+ parts. I quickly discovered
> that it would take some time and a lot of work to get a project
> started at Gnome.org. It took a week at Sourceforge, and only that
> long because I did a hostile takeover of a moribund project that was a
> fork of Gtk 1 whose name I wanted.

If you want a Git account so you can commit to Gtk+, it should be pretty
easy. Three steps basically:
1. For the person requesting it: follow http://live.gnome.org/NewAccounts
2. A gtk+ maintainer: approving the Git account
3. Accounts team: setting it up

This can all be done very quickly.

If for some reason there is a delay in above process, feel free to
send me a message.

If you think it is better to have other resources (mailing list), just
file a bug at Bugzilla, for details see
http://live.gnome.org/NewListRequest. Best to get started with the Git
account first.

Above and other infrastructure procedures are documented at:
http://live.gnome.org/Infrastructure

Note that I don't see a Gtk+ OSX backend as any different from Gtk+. IMO
you could use a branch in gtk+ or commit directly. However, I'm not a
maintainer, talk to them.

If you need anything Bugzilla related, file a bug in the
bugzilla.gnome.org product. Need permissions? Contact Bugsquad.

In all above cases (except Gtk+ maintainership ;), if you need
assistance, feel free to contact me.

Olav (GNOME sysadmin, bugzilla maintainer)