RE: pixbuf<->cairo_surface_t conversion

Sorry this may be a very inept question:

How will this effect integration with OpenGL. I know we use a lot of get/sets on pixels buffers; off screen rendering, textured (especial animated) and tricks. You want and need that raw data access. taking it way I think would also break GTKGLExt if I am not mistaken?

As I have come to understand, most GL windows have a completely different context than the windowing system itself. Is cairo going to play nice?

I mean with this:
http://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/man4/xhtml/glReadPixels.xml

and this:
http://www.songho.ca/opengl/gl_pbo.html