Re: Private types inside GTK+

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:

> I don't think it is worth it. We already have some de-facto private
> types along the lines outlined above: GtkFileSystem, GtkFolder,
> GtkFileSystemModel, GtkPrintBackend...
>
> I think it is generally ok to do this as long as the private types
> don't leak out as parents of public types.

Random: What about prefixing the "private" types with "_" in GType?
I'd have to update the scanner to not blow up on this, but on the
other hand, it would allow me to actually know they're private,
instead of assuming their absence from public headers (but
availability via g_type_parent) means this.