Re: Patch for gdk-pixbuf ICO "regression"

On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 21:44 +0200, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> Hi
>
> The FreeDesktop.org shared MIME database now identifies .ico files as
> "image/vnd.microsoft.icon", and since gdk-pixbuf doesn't list that as
> a MIME type, libgnome-desktop no longer wants to thumbnail .ico files,
> and (at least) Nautilus thus displays no thumbnail for .ico files.
>
> The attached 1 line patch adds "image/vnd.microsoft.icon" to the MIME
> types listed by the gdk-pixbuf ICO loader and fixes the problem.

Looks like the wrong fix to me (or at least an incomplete one). We
changed the _default_ mime-type, but we added aliases for the old
mime-type.

The code to do gdk-pixbuf to mime-types lookup should be able to handle
aliases if the main mime-type changes.

So it's probably an strcmp(), or g_str_equal() when there should be a
call to g_content_type_equals() which handles aliases.

Cheers

PS: As Alberto mentioned, this discussion should probably happen in
Bugzilla, but feel free to mention the bug URL once you filed it.