Re: Glib: a Win32 discussion

Well, GApplication should grow a Win32 backend. I don't quite think
that's "rethinking" or "a good bit" .. it's just filling in the
missing bits...
Yeah I did perhaps over-state it :)

But in other good news further examination of glib showed me that it already wraps, or provides if the system one's are deficient, the problematic stdio functions. About the only bit that's missing is wrapping the actual FILE structure so that, on silly platforms like Win32 where we want to avoid the system stdio, we can. If only Microsoft knew what a terrible can of worms they created with their uncharacteristically badly implemented CRT. Instead of dealing with all of these multiple CRT runtimes they could have kept one, always accessible version with versioned symbols. Sigh.

Kean