Re: New GTK+ website design

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 09:31:49PM +0100, Martyn Russell wrote:

> On 19/04/11 17:53, Allin Cottrell wrote:
> >On Tue, 19 Apr 2011, Martyn Russell wrote:
> >
> >>Are there any other points or questions people have about the
> >>content/design that we should address before moving over to this?
> >
> >In general this looks very good. One nit: I don't care for the
> >faux-embossed text in the header ("The GTK+ Project"). The font
> >itself is fine, but I'd drop the black shadows for a cleaner and
> >non-pixelated look.
>
> I have improved this. Let me know if you think it works or not.

Personally, I think the header could look better.

I believe the text looks better when it is bold, and the image
is way too pixelated. I see you’re using CSS3 shadow properties,
so why not use them also for the header text, providing a rendered
fallback for less capable browsers?

--
Andrea Bolognani <eof kiyuko org>