Re: [Introspection] Trying to remove warnings for Pango-1.0.gir: Boxed or skip?

On 04/25/11 19:27, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I removed most warnings while generating Pango-1.0.gir, however,
> there's a last batch of warnings I'm not sure how to get rid of:
> http://pastebin.com/V0ZDRg3r

Thanks Alberto!

> I've been lurking around and all that I can gather is that some of
> those types are not present in the gir, though I'm not sure why. Any
> pointers are welcome.

I see two different cases:

  - The various PangoAttr* are not boxed separately as they "subclass"
PangoAttribute without a real object system.  See bug 646788 for example.

  - The other cases (PangoEngineShape, etc) are protected behind
PANGO_ENABLE_ENGINE, and perhaps some behind PANGO_ENABLE_BACKEND.  Those APIs
are less stable than the base API and may change between release cycles.  Not
sure they are worth binding. (ie, do we support someone implementing a Pango
backend in Python?  Maybe...)

behdad