Re: Make a UML model from GObject-Introspection Gir files

On Apr 26, 2011, at 1:11 PM, Stefan Kost wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 15.04.2011 03:01, schrieb John Ralls:
>> I don't know if anyone else will find this useful, but I've written a perl program to translate gir files into xmi files which can be imported into ArgoUML or KDE Umbrello. It follows include elements, putting each Gir namespace into a separate package in the UML model.
>>

> Sounds interesting. When running it I got a couple of
>
> Type resolution failure on
> <property name="resolver" introspectable="0" writable="1" transfer-ownership="none">
>        <type/>
>      </property>
> Failed to find type name in element <type/> at ./gir2xmi line 145.
>
> When I loaded the generated xmi into umbrello I got quite a few items in the
> logical view, but no single diagram. Should there be one?

Yes, it doesn't silently ignore empty type elements. I think that more of a girscanner bug than a gir2xmi bug; the property should have a type.

No, there's no diagram generated. Just drag the classes that you're interested in over to the diagram space.

Regards,
John Ralls