Re: Merged "treemodel-fix" branch

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Kristian Rietveld <kris gtk org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In May of this year, I announced I would be fixing the handling of
> GtkTreeModel:row-deleted in GtkTreeModelSort and GtkTreeModelFilter
> together with bringing more parts of this code under unit test and
> fixing/reviewing some bugs[1].  Three months later, I seem to be
> finally done.  The work has been carried out in a local treemodel-fix
> branch, which I just merged into master.  If no big regressions turn
> up in the coming 1 to 2 months, I will consider merging this into 2-24
> as well.  Unless there are objections to that of course.

Personally I'm not a big fan of applying things like this in gtk2.
Even though it fixes some bugs there is still a possibility a lot of
applications rely on the incorrect behavior.

However, if there are plans to merge this in gtk2, please provide a
(single) patch that applies against the latest stable release or a
branch rebased against gtk2.24 and announce it here so it can get some
decent testing.

Nick

(send to ml as well this time).