Re: GMenuModel has landed

hi,

On Fri, 2011-12-09 at 09:18 +0000, jcupitt gmail com wrote:
> I suppose I could have a single menu tree with everything from every
> window type rolled together, but then I'd need a way to grey out
> irrelevant items per-window, which is almost the same thing as
> multiple menus. And I'd think it would be frustrating for the user to
> have to work with a menu system where 2/3rd of the visible items are
> noise.

If you target your menu items to 'win.x' actions and action 'x' doesn't
exist on a particular window then, indeed, it will be greyed out.

This makes sense for global menubar type situations, but I agree that
seeing a menu full of greyed items within a window is a bit less
optimal.  Perhaps we could hide the items in this case, instead of
greying them...

Cheers