Re: [g-a-devel] Coming to grips with the state of a11y in gtk

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Piñeiro <apinheiro igalia com> wrote:

> Like a bug per widget to move, or the work will be done just on this
> git branch?

I think just working on the branch is going to be more straightforward.

> If we move gail to gtk, why maintain the factories?
>
> Some people opposed to use the factories as the default way to
> instantiate the accessible object, ie. Owen Taylor here [1]

Ditching the factories altogether would certainly be possible as well;
for now we will probably have to keep a way to turn accessibility off,
and simply not registering the factories is an easy way to achive that.

> For all the reasons above, I added a factory-related item on the atk
> roadmap [3] (that should be also a "towards atk 2.0" bug), and also
> created a but on clutter related to debate it is a good idea to keep
> using AtkGObjectAccessible on Clutter [3].

Thanks