Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2011-01-25

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 2:18 AM, Tristan Van Berkom
<tristanvb openismus com> wrote:

> In conclusion:
> =============
>
> Can we do either one of the following (in the order of my preference):
>
>  a.) Give up the complaining about moving code from _init() to
>      ->constructor() and just accept that ->constructor() is the
>      right place to call highlevel apis accessing 'self'.

This one was soundly rejected in the meeting.

>  b.) Implement the "Claudio's original patch" approach (i.e.
>      as I mentioned above, this can be solved by simply creating
>      the GtkCellArea early for renegade subclasses which insist
>      on accessing the api from _init()).

I'll start wading into this mess tomorrow, we'll see what comes out.

As for the less contentious topics, the GtkSettings keyfile work is
now available in the settings-keyfile branch, and I'd appreciate
review and comments...