Re: Using gobject-intro. with something else than Gnome.

On Sun, 2011-03-06 at 17:43 +0100, Stef Bon wrote:
> I'm trying to build the latest version of gobject-introspection. I've
> got it with git.
>
> It's complaining there is no gnome-autogen found. Well that's right,
> but do I have to install these first.... It should be optional.

That's normal when building from git, gnome-autogen is only some
scripts used to wrap tarballs... if you grab a tarball that
is actually released by the maintainers you will already have a
configure script (note, other things also might be required from
git even if not required for the package, that's mostly because
some packages install .m4 files that one might use to detect if
that package is available or not... for instance even if package
"foo" does not require gnome-doc-utils, package "foo" still needs
gnome-doc-utils to be installed at autogen.sh time in order to
include the gnome-doc-utils.m4 file that is used to check for
gnome-doc-utils at ./configure time).

Also I should say, the topic of this list is development of
GTK+ itself, questions about using GTK+ related libraries should
go to gtk-app-devel-list.

Cheers,
          -Tristan