Re: decrease widget show time

Hi,

On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 14:13 +0800, czk wrote:
> hello everyone,
> I use gtk+-3.0 in a embedded device. If I create a window put 4
> buttons , 4 entrys  3 labels in it, from gtk_window_new to the window
> was showed spend 4 seconds totally. It a long time for me. Most time
> spend in gtk_widget_show_all.
>
> Less than 1.5 second can acceptable. Any one has ideas? Thanks.

Sounds like you're searching the reason from a wrong place. The core Gtk
functions like gtk_widget_show_all consume practically no time by
themselves (even on embedded device). It's far more likely that you
encounter some hidden "lazy" initialization. For example, on Gtk+2.0 the
theme parsing and realization took place when you first time tried to
show a toplevel.

cheers,

-Markku-