Re: align vs expand vs grid

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 7:08 AM, Benjamin Otte <otte gnome org> wrote:

> I have multiple problems with this approach:
> 1) It's the default behavior in that it's used when you create widget
> trees in Glade or when you write simple demo apps.

I really think the glade problem can't be helped. It is an
(unfortunate) side-effect of gtks box-packing layout that things look
broken / wrong, until you've manually constructed all the box
scaffolding that is going to hold your actual controls.

For ui builders, other layout paradigms work much more naturally
(swings group layout has been mentioned before, as have been
constraint-based models).