gdbus-codegen

Hi,

I've discovered your gdbus-codegen utility in GLib 2.29.x. Those new
APIs looks really good, I can't wait for using them :D

However I've a little question about generated _call_ methods, they hide
flags and timeout args of g_dbus_proxy_call(), is that really something
we want? I think generated code should be helpers but still exposing the
full range of capabilities of DBus. Timeout is mostly never useful, but
there are still cases where it is helpful, for example in tp-glib the
call to request an avatar has a bigger timeout because downloading it
from server could take significant time. It would be sad if I have to
use g_dbus_proxy_call() and hardcode the method_name/parameters type
string in that case; I prefer letting the compiler to verify they are
correct :)

Otherwise, all those new APIs looks really promising, porting tp-glib to
it will be challenging though :D

Regards,
Xavier Claessens.