Re: About gsettings aborting on unkown schemas

Hi,

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> But I want to point out that my point was never that GLib
> should behave like a language with exceptions. Just that
> it should let bindings in those languages behave like they
> should.

I agree that would be ideal if you were optimizing for non-C.

But the only way to do that is to replicate the entire API currently
lacking an error indicator, with a second _with_error version of every
function.

Some functions may happen to have some other ad hoc way to do an error
(like returning NULL) but it'd just be some subset without rhyme or
reason.

If you aren't prepared to do the _with_error() replication of the API,
then doing it here and there at random is kinda weird. Either it's
needed or not, it isn't needed here and there at random.

Havoc