Re: Coming to grips with the state of a11y in GNOME

[ I just joined the accessibility at Mozilla ]

On 03/11/11 04:13 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
- I couldn't get a word out of firefox - I thought maybe my gtk2 a11y
stack was misconfigured, but openoffice did speak...

You need to set the GNOME_ACCESSIBILITY=1 environment to get firefox to work with Orca.

This does not seem to be the case on F16 (freshly installed).

It should work otherwise, and we, at Mozilla are working to make Firefox more accessible than ever, including on Linux.

Cheers,

Hub