Win32: this may be useful to some developers

So one of the things I've been working on for my own purposes is to create a full set of libraries for Win32 in order to be able to run GTK apps. My intention is opposite to the typical advice given for GTK: I *want* this to be a shared component, with a friendly installer, upgrade path etc etc. It can be deployed privately (i.e alongside your app) too if you really need that. Most importantly, I wanted this to build out the box with only the use of Microsoft tools. Not even GNU make. I call it jUXtapose. I have put a first experimental version (it contains no installer and GTK still has bugs) up at http://keanjohnston.com/juxtapose. It can build for both x32 and x64 although so far all my testing has only been on x32, and can build either DLL's or static libraries, or both. As distributed right now its set up for building debug static libraries. Extract the zip and then simply run `jxbuild x32`. All you need is your PATH and environment set up for MSVC or a DDK-based compile. I still need to document how to set up a DDK-based compile. jUXtapose contains the following components:

zlib 1.2.5
libbz2 1.0.6
iconv 1.14
gexttext-runtime 1.18.1.1
libpng 1.5.4
jpeg 8c
libxml2 2.7.8
libxslt 1.1.26
expat 2.0.1
freetype 2.4.6
fontconfig 2.8.0
pixman 0.22.0
pcre 8.13
libffi 3.0.10
glib 2.30 (jxversions.h is wrong, it says 2.28 still)
cairo 1.10.2
pango 1.29.4
gdk-pixbuf 2.24.0
atk 2.0.1
gtk+ 2.24.6
gtk+ 3.2.0

It includes all the sources as patched by me, along with the diffs.

GTK+ 2.24 works well, and only one of the demo sections fails (its gets a fault when using editable cells in a tree view but only when compiling with Visual Studio 2010) but GTK+ 3.2.0 barely works. I can list all of the failures in the demo that I noticed if it will help but I think they're well known at this point.

This environment is pretty quick to compile and may be useful to other developers. I was going to make the official jUXtapose release based on GTK+ 3.x but I think I am going to have to back off on that. I am very happy to try proposed new fixes or work with people in getting 3.2.x and beyond stable on Win32 again but I also need to focus on writing my actual application and making jUXtapose "production ready".

If you find this useful or find any bugs please let me know I am happy to tune things to what people find useful.

Sincerely,
Kean