Re: Severe treeview performance regression (Gtk2 -> gtk3)

On Oct 20, 2011, at 12:03 PM, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> I hacked together a simple sample application which compiles under
> gtk2 as well as gtk3: http://93.83.133.214/gtklist.c
> Just maximize it (preferable on a large screen) and scroll with your
> wheel - the gtk3 version should feel a lot slower.

I have noticed that as well on GTK+ 3 a year ago or so, and I don't think this is specific to GtkTreeView.  Back then I got the impression that some parts of the drawing "synchronization" (i.e. draw the moved area and the newly exposed area at the same time instead of first drawing the moved area and drawing the newly exposed area later) did not make it into the client-side-windows code.  However, I was told that such problem should not exist with client side windows (I was not convinced though).

regards,

-kris.